Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Digital Media Class

It couldn't be more perfect timing!!! Just a few weeks ago I learned about the new Web 2.0 technologies and now I'm going to be able to learn more about them and utilizing them in my Digital Media Class.

I am pursuing a master's degree in instructional technology at Cardinal Stritch University in Milwaukee, WI. My purpose for pursing my master's degree is to document my computer experience. I am pretty much self taught since 1990! I have also been teaching computer courses since 1989; however my formal education does not reflect this.

So far the program has been VERY interesting and useful. Even though I am not a K-12 educator (whom the program primarily geared to), I am still receiving useful information that can be applied to my classroom. I look forward to learning more about the Web 2.0 technologies and using them in my classroom while completing my Digital Media class.

2 comments:

Tech-lou-ology said...

I'm glad you are finding the course interesting - their are a number of Web 2.0 things - more than we can possible cover in this course - but lets work together as a class to see how the can be integrated into your world.

Rebecca said...

I'm in a similar situation as you Judy. I am not a K-12 educator, but am gaining very valuable information in the instructional technology courses at Cardinal Stritch. I am looking forward to incorporating these new technologies into the continuing education and higher education environment. The possiblities are endless for teaching and learning.