Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Podcast Subscriptions

I chose iTunes to locate podcasts. I subscribed to:


PodCast 411 is a podcast about "Podcasting and Podcasters." The host, Rob interviews various podcasters about their broadcasts. The interviewee's broadcasts are not necessarily about technology or web 2.0. Not only does Rob ask questions about the interviewee's subject matter; but he also asks questions about the technologies that are used to create the broadcasts.

The Web 2.0 Show hosts, Josh and Chris, interview leaders that are in the business-end of web 2.0 technologies. The episode I listened to they interviewed themselves-catching their subscribers up on what was going on with them.

One thing I found interesting about both blogs was their use of what I'll call "audiomercials," my twist on infomercials or commercials. Each broadcast gave information about future broadcasts, technologies used to create the broadcast and plugged their blogs, websites, future appearances, etc. Even on the web, there's no way around getting away from commercials!

No comments: